Chocolate Picota Cherry Almond Butter Cups
It is pretty much a match made in heaven: rich chocolatey cases filled with creamy almond butter and sweet cherries all topped with more chocolate, cherries and cacao nibs for crunch. They don’t even take 10 minutes to make and they’re naturally vegan, GF and no-bake.
*Recipe created by Amy Lanza
Makes 6 regualr ones or 10-12 mini ones
Preparation time: — minutes
Cooking time: — minutes
- 200g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 40g almond butter, smooth or crunchy*
- 6-12 Picota cherries, halved and pitted
- Cacao nibs, optional
- Break up the chocolate and add to a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Add the coconut oil and gently warm until melted.
- Using small or regular cupcake cases or silicone moulds, cover the bottom of the moulds with some chocolate (about 1 tsp for mini cups and 2-3 tsp for regular ones) and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Top each chocolate base with some almond butter and a Picota cherry half and cover with the remaining melted chocolate. Top each cup with 1-2 cherry halves and a sprinkling of cacao nibs, if using. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes until firm.
*if your almond butter is too runny, add 2-4 tsp coconut flour to thicken it and stir until smooth.