Goats Cheese and Picota Cherry Salad
Refresh your summer meals with this incredibly easy salad! Don’t wait until dessert to enjoy the most sweet and tangy European Picota Cherries! This delicious salad takes that classic combination of cherries and Goat’s cheese to a whole new new level!
*Recipe created by Rhiannon Lambert
Preparation time: — minutes
Cooking time: — minutes
- 200g spelt
- 2 large handfuls of European Picota cherries
- 4 large handfuls of rocket
- ½ cucumber, chopped
- 200g goats cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp toasted flaked almonds
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- salt & black pepper
- Cook the spelt in salted water according to the packets instructions. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, halve and de-stone the Picota cherries.
- To make the dressing, combine the Dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, honey and a good pinch of salt and black pepper in a bowl. Whisk until smooth and emulsified.
- Once the spelt has cooled slightly, combine it with the rocket, cucumber, goats cheese, cherries and toasted flaked almonds in a large bowl. Toss to combine, then serve drizzled with the dressing.
Leftover dressing can be kept in the fridge for a week.