Goats Cheese, Serrano Ham & Balsamic Picota Cherry Tart
Such a heavenly combo of flavours, the sweetness of the cherries works so well with the cheese and ham. For a light bite or canapé, try topping toasted ciabatta slices with goats cheese, Serrano, rocket and balsamic Picota cherries for a spin on Brushetta!
*Recipe created by Anna Stanford
Preparation time: — minutes
Cooking time: — minutes
- 300g Picota Cherries
- 1 1/2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 320g Ready Rolled Puff Pastry
- 100g Goats Cheese
- 50g rocket leaves
- 90g Serrano Ham
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds toasted
- Fresh Basil to finish (optional)
- Half the cherries and remove the stones. Put half of the cherries into a saucepan with the balsamic vinegar and set the other half aside.
- Simmer the cherries in the pan with the balsamic for 8 minutes adding 1 tbsp of water if needed. You want some juices to drizzle over the tart at the end.
- Lay the pastry on baking parchment on a baking tray. Heat the oven to 220 (200 fan). Score a border 2cm from the edge of the pastry and bake for 5 minutes.
- Dot the goats cheese within the middle section of the tart and add the remaining halved cherries.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then top the tart with the Serrano ham, rocket leaves, toasted almonds, basil and finally the balsamic cherries and the juices from the pan