Nutty Cherry Bars
These cherry and pecan nut treats are great for a mid-morning snack or for bringing on a picnic.
- 75g coconut oil
- 40g molasses (or treacle)
- 40g Golden Syrup
- 35g light muscovado sugar
- 240g rolled oats
- 125g Picota cherries, pitted and chopped
- 80g pecan nuts, halved
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 180°C fan, Gas mark 6. Line a 20cm x 20 cm square tin with baking paper.
- Place the coconut oil, molasses, golden syrup, and sugar into a pan. Gently heat, stirring occasionally, until everything is melted and combined.
- Take off the heat and pour in the remaining ingredients, mixing well to ensure everything is coated with the syrup.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and level off the top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until lightly golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 5 minutes before scoring into 12 bars with a sharp knife. Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Remove from the tin and store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days.
Note: these bars can be frozen in a freezer-proof container or freezer bag for up to 2 months.