Picota Cherry and Chocolate Cheesecake Tart
Easy to make and simply sensational to eat!
Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus chilling time
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Suitable for vegetarians
- 125g butter
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 250g Picota cherries, halved and pitted
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 250g pot mascarpone cheese
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 200ml double cream
- Chocolate shards or grated chocolate, for sprinkling
- Melt the butter over a low heat. Stir in the biscuit crumbs and cocoa powder thoroughly. Tip into a 22cm flan dish and press over the base and up the sides firmly. Chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Put half the Picota cherries into a saucepan with 2tbsp caster sugar and 4tbsp water. Simmer gently for 3-4 minutes, then puree in a blender (or use a hand-held stick blender) to make the cherry sauce. Cool.
- Beat the mascarpone cheese in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon till smooth. Add the vanilla, then gradually add the double cream and stir in the remaining 1tbsp caster sugar.
- Pile the cream mixture into the chilled flan case and spread it out. Drizzle with the cherry sauce, then arrange the remaining cherries on top. Finish off with chocolate shards or grated chocolate. Keep chilled until ready to serve.
Cook’s tip: For extra indulgence, drizzle with melted chocolate.