Picota Cherry Pancakes
These Picota cherry pancakes are perfect for a quick, easy, budget-friendly dessert. And they taste amazing too!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 300g Picota cherries
- 120g self-raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 120ml milk
- 100g Greek-style plain yoghurt
- 30g caster sugar
- 1/2tsp vanilla extract
- A few drops of vegetable oil
- Reserve a few cherries for decoration, then pit and chop the rest.
- Put the flour, salt, egg, milk and yoghurt into a large mixing bowl with 2tsp caster sugar. Whisk together to make a smooth batter. Stir in half the chopped cherries.
- Simmer the remaining chopped cherries with 100ml water, the rest of the caster sugar and the vanilla extract for 3-4 minutes. Puree in a blender, or use a hand-held stick blender to make a smooth sauce. Keep warm.
- Heat a few drops of vegetable oil in a pancake pan. Make about 16 small pancakes in total, cooking in batches for 1-2 minutes until the batter has set on the surface, then flipping them over to cook the other sides. Keep the pancakes in a warm place as you cook them.
- Share the pancakes between 4 warm serving plates and top with the cherry sauce and reserved whole cherries.
Cook’s tip: If you like, serve with whipped cream, crème fraiche, Greek-style yoghurt or ice-cream.