Spanish Picota Cherry Coconut Flapjack
Coupled with a strong coconut vibe – using flakes, sugar and oil – these juicy cherries are the perfect addition to this traditional sweet treat.
*Recipe created by Pamela Higgins
Serves: 8-10 bars
Preparation time: — minutes
Cooking time: — minutes
- 50g coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 250g coconut sugar
- 100g maple syrup
- 400g oats
- 200g Jerte Picota cherries, pitted and halved
- 50g coconut flakes
- First preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
- Gently melt the coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar and maple syrup until bubbling then remove from the heat.
- Place the oats in a bowl and pour in the melted mixture and mix well to combine.
- Tip ¾ of the mixture into the tin, spread out evenly and pat down well. Place the cherries on top and push down gently.
- Mix the coconut chips into the oat mixture and scatter over the cherries and push down a little. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden then leave to cool (they will set as they cool!). Cut into 8-10 bars and enjoy!