Spanish Picota Cherry White Chocolate Scones
The combination of cherries and white chocolate is gorgeous, and they can be in the oven in under 10 minutes.
*Recipe created by Luce Hosier
Preparation time: — minutes
Cooking time: — minutes
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons of water and left to sit for 5 minutes)
- 400g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 35g caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 150g dairy free butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 30ml melted coconut oil
- 100ml canned coconut milk
- 100g dairy free white chocolate chunks
- 115g Picota cherries (pitted and quartered)
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and salt.
- Add the butter and using your hands combine the mixture until it turns more crumblike.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the flax egg, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil and coconut milk.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix until combined.
- Add the white chocolate and cherry chunks and gently fold into the mixture.
- Next sprinkle some flour on the work surface and transfer the dough onto it.
- Knead ever so slightly until the chunks are evenly scattered throughout the dough.
- Shape the dough into a circle and cut into 8 scones and transfer them to a lined baking tray. Sprinkle with some more caster sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 180c for 25-30 mins.