No bake Picota Cherry Cheesecake bars
“Sweeten up your week with these dreamy no bake Picota cherry cheesecake bars. Gluten and refined sugar free and so simple to make! The base is made with dates, pecans, and buckwheat for a deliciously nutty flavour. The filling is rich, creamy, and fruity with cashews and vanilla and 2 cups of the juiciest Picota Cherries” – Bo’s Kitchen*
*Recipe created by Bo’s Kitchen
For the base:
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 4 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1.5 cups pecans
- 1/2 cup buckwheat
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
For the Cashew vanilla filling:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked in hot water for 30 mins
- 1/3 cup agave/maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
For the Cherry filling:
- 2 cups of European Picota cherries, halved and pitted
- 3 tbsp agave/maple syrup
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper. Add all base ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until it forms a dough. Press evenly into loaf tin and set aside to chill in the fridge.
- Blend all cashew filling ingredients together for at least 8 minutes, until super smooth and silky. Pour into a bowl and rinse out the blender.
- Add most of the cherries and agave to the blender and process until smooth.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons of cashew vanilla and cherry filling on to the base and swirl with a chopstick to combine.
- Top with remaining cherries and set aside to firm up in the freezer overnight. Let thaw for 20 mins before slicing and eating.